Makes about 2 ½ quarts
- 6 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 Tbl ice cream stabilizer
- (Preferably an organic one with milk powder
- and guar gum as main ingredients)
- 2 ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup plus 7 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups dextrose powder
- ¾ cup TRULY® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Scald milk and cream (bring almost to a boil) in a medium pot.
Whisk dry ingredients into milk and bring back up to almost a boil, stirring often so it doesn’t scorch.
Cool completely. Then add the TRULY® Extra Virgin Olive Oil and spin according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.