Makes 1 6-inch (flourless + dairy free!) torte for 2-4 people
(double recipe for an 8-inch pan)
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp instant coffee or espresso powder
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder (20 g)
- ½ cup dark chocolate (100 g)
- ¼ cup TRULY® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil (56 g)
Olive Oil Ganache
- 2 Tbsp TRULY® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil (20 g)
- 4 oz chocolate (113 g)
- 1 Tbsp honey (10 g)
- ½ tsp rose extract (optional)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Sift cocoa powder and instant coffee into egg/sugar mixer and whisk together.
- Melt chocolate and olive oil together in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat 30 seconds at a time.
- Adding one half at a time, whisk chocolate/oil mixture into egg mixture.
- Pour into a 6-inch cake or tart pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 F for about 28 minutes. It should still be a little loose in the middle but once set, it will be nice and dense.
- Allow to cool (center may fall a little), then remove from pan to glaze.
- For ganache, melt oil and chocolate together in microwave safe bowl. Heat 30 seconds at a time. (You'll have leftovers of the ganache. However, use that on your ice cream and it's like homemade "magic shell" chocolate sauce. You'll thank me later!)
- Add in honey, salt and rose extract.
- Pour over the torte and allow chocolate to crystalize (set).