Basil, Mint, Pistachio Pesto
- 6 oz pistachios
- 1 oz garlic
- 6 oz basil
- 3 oz mint
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 6 oz parmesan
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 ½ cups Corto 51-49® Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Canola Oil Blend, plus more for covering
- 1 lb Yukon Gold potatoes, cut in a ½ inch dice
- ½ lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 lb Casareccia pasta
- parmesan, shaved
- pistachios, crushed
- small basil and mint leaves
- 1 pinch of Maldon sea salt
- black pepper, freshly cracked
Pulse the pistachios and garlic in a food processor until coarsely ground. Add in the basil, mint, lemon, parmesan, salt, and pepper. Pulse until well combined. With the food processor running, pour in the oil in a slow stream until the ingredients are well incorporated. Store in an airtight container with a layer of 51-49® oil covering the pesto.
Blanch potatoes in salted water until almost tender, then cool in a thin, even layer on a tray. Blanch the green beans and shock in ice water.
Cook the pasta in salted water until al dente. About two minutes before the pasta is finished, add the potatoes. About one minute before the pasta is finished, add the green beans. Drain the pasta and vegetables, reserving some of the pasta water. Toss the pasta, potatoes, and green beans in a large bowl with a splash of the pasta water and the pesto. Mix until coated, adding more pesto if desired.
Garnish with parmesan shavings, crushed pistachios, small basil and mint leaves, salt and pepper.